Why not support the Birks Cinema by volunteering for one or more of the roles in which we welcome volunteers?
Our Trust owes its existence to the large number of people who have given of their time, their effort, and their skills, to develop the Trust and The Birks Cinema into the thriving concern it is today.
As a community-owned enterprise, we believe strongly in developing community capacity and community resilience. We improve the knowledge and understanding of our volunteers, through sharing experiences and developing new skills, which benefits the volunteer, the Trust, and the community.
Volunteer roles include:
- Usher – if you would like to warmly welcome customers into our auditorium, show them to their seats, provide TLC when required, and then watch the movie, this is for you!
- Driver – you would collect from home some of the older or disadvantaged attendees at our community activities, and then share their thoughts when you return them home refreshed and invigorated
- Administrative Roles – we encourage volunteers to take on administrative tasks where their skills and experience can be used to maximum effect within the Trust and the trading company; we aim to offer administrative roles which are tailored to the volunteer’s time available and to provide satisfaction to the volunteer in a job well done
- Trustee – the Trustees (who are also directors) provide leadership and set out the Trust strategy in compliance with the Articles and Governance Manual of the Trust; the Board looks for dynamic individuals who offer specific skillsets and experience in order to complement the strengths of existing members of the Board.
Become a volunteer today!
- Volunteer Application Form - if you prefer to download and complete a paper form, please use this form.
Return to The Trust