The Birks Cinema Trust owes its existence to the many people who have helped support our vision and develop the Trust and the Birks Cinema into the thriving concern it is today.
As a community-owned enterprise, we believe strongly in developing community capacity and resilience, and we are always looking for enthusiastic new volunteers to help us bring exceptional cinema and cultural events to the people of Aberfeldy and the surrounding areas.
Volunteer roles include:
- Usher – if you would like to warmly welcome patrons into our auditorium, show them to their seats, provide guidance when required, and then watch the movie, this is for you!
- Patron Services - greeting all guests, providing information about the cinema, and helping with queue management when needed.
- Driver – a vital role, you would pick up and drop off less able or underserved members of our community, allowing them to fully take part in our cinema and community activities.
- Front of House - providing service and additional help in the box office or café.
- Administrative Roles – help keep the Trust working behind the scenes. We encourage volunteers to take on administrative tasks where their skills and experience can be used to maximum effect – from accounting to IT and promotional (print, online and in-person) help.
- Trustee – the Trustees (who are also directors) provide leadership and set out the Trust strategy in compliance with the Articles and Governance Manual of the Trust; the Board looks for dynamic individuals who offer specific skill sets and experience in order to complement the strengths of existing members of the Board.
Other roles include assisting with community events, being part of our Promo Team, and both basic and skilled maintenance. We aim to utilise our volunteers’ individual experience and skills wherever possible, and many more roles are available. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Become a volunteer today!
Return to About Us